New Food Cosmicubes & Patches
We just released the latest update to Among Us, featuring some more fixes and quality of life updates. Here’s what you can expect in version 2022.8.23, out now on all platforms!
New stuff and patch highlights:
- Food Cosmicubes! Spend your beans (and stars) on all new food themed cosmetics. You will look like an absolute snack. You may in fact look a little too delicious and be murdered by an Impostor but at least… uh…. hm…. Anyways it’s available now and they’re permanent additions to the store!
- Change the map from the lobby without restarting. I’ve seen you all be like “wow that took you long enough” and yeah! It sure has! What are you gonna do fight me???? (Please do not fight me, I am weak and cry easily.)
- New featured page on the store. A new way to display new or interesting Cosmicubes and cosmetics. These will have their own section at the top of the store!
- Star purchasing also have an updated tab with a shiny new look
- Beans and Pods multiplier SFX now tied to the SFX volume slider. Now you can control how loud you want your gains to be!
- Can now close Announcements with the ESC key on PC
- Door logs now display player icon cosmetics
- Store and inventory changes:
- New store sorting: you can now sort items from newest to oldest and by what’s purchased
- Visual indicator to show which cosmetics and Cosmicubes you’ve already purchased
- Added a limited time banner on appropriate cosmetics & Cosmicubes
- Sanctions and censoring changes:
- Sanctions now display correctly instead of a general error when trying to enter matchmaking
Before you’d see this:
Now it’ll say something similar to this:
- Links are now properly censored
- Warnings are now issued for censored links
- Friends List and accounts:
- Friends List now displays in alphabetical order
- Win 10 – Players are now moved into their friend’s lobby when accepting invites from the game bar
- Users are properly signed into account if they are given account linking permissions
And those are the changes on the game side! If you want to see the bug fixes we’ve made (and we’ve made a bunch!) read Krys’ Bug Zone below to get the details.
We’re still working on Hide n Seek as our next big content update to the game, and a ton of progress is being made there. You might still see some fun collabs pop up in the meantime though!
Hiya! Hope you’re all cooling off with a cold beverage in the Cafeteria.
Bug fixes were definitely a thing this time around, and we’re super happy we got to smash a bunch of outstanding bugs that were giving you grief.
But first, let me reach out to YOU and thank you for being such outstanding members of our community. Whenever there are instances of bad behavior in our game, you are quick to act and help our team address these issues and enact any appropriate actions. In case you need a refresher, here’s how you report someone in-game:
In the Lobby or during meetings, open the Chat.
Click on the Kick icon.
Select the player you want to report.
Click on Report.
Select the reason for the report.
Click on Confirm.
If someone is engaging in illegal activity, please use the in-game report function and send us an email at [email protected] with what you reported and your Among Us Account ID. We appreciate you!
Alrighty. On to the crunchy bugs. Let’s take a closer look at what we’ve addressed:
- Some hat cosmetics needed minor tweaks to display correctly
- Updated names on a few Airship Cosmetics
- Fixed cosmetics overrunning chat window when scrolling through messages
- Implement Login flow on iOS and Google Play (users 13 and younger) – users will be able to login with a Temporary Account
- Mira HQ – Vitals for Scientist now shows ‘Comms Sabotaged’ message when Impostor initiates Sabotage action
- Friends List – Requests are now received correctly after adjusting the “Friend & Lobby Invites” option multiple times
- Fixed SFX audio on Empty Garbage task
- Fixed SFX track playing on music track during decontaminate task in The Airship
- Fixed missing animation frame of Twitch Glitch pet during idle animation select with a controller while in active gameplay
- In-game bug reporting – This helps us Sloths and isn’t really anything you have to worry about, but the game is now able to better log any errors, so we have more insight on bugs
- [iOS] – Notifications no longer overrun device notch on iPhone11
- [iOS] – Addressed issues causing some authentication errors
- Egypt Server Issues – Fix for network and connectivity for players in Egypt on all platforms
- [Switch] – Resolved issue where users may be unable to perform several actions if joy-cons were attached/detached
- [Xbox One] – No more lag while using the D-pad!
PHEW, speaking of cold beverages earlier, I could really go for some boba. Do you think Crewmates all hang out and drink boba in the Cafeteria? Is boba deadly in the hands of an Impostor? I could really go for some Impostor boba fanart…
Congrats on making it down to the fun zone for August! I’m
the final boss of the dev log Dors (please don’t fight me either). Victoria and Krys covered lots of ground on new stuff and bug fixes, so let’s have a lil fun before you go spend those beans!
Let’s start off with some amazing stop motion animation from Single_Newspaper5474:
Its Genius from our Discord making some fanart featuring my fellow dev log writers:
Also bringing in some fun animations from our Discord is CookieDev:
Mrminerman21 gave us a hilarious view of orange and their many sons:
Mohustore is making some sweet creations over on their Tiktok:
I’ll be on the look out for more fun creations for us all to sink our teeth into but that’s all for now, Crewmates! I’m off to get some Taro boba (with strawberry popping bubbles).