Bug Bashing Bonanza Update
No long preamble here – I have lots to share! Our team worked SO HARD and we managed to fix 100+ issues that were bothering you in Among Us. Here’s a big list of most of them, so make sure you’re update to version 2022.6.21, now out on all platforms.
First up: we’ve been listening to you! I know you’ve all wanted a lot of things improved in the game and I am happy to say we’ve changed some things to hopefully make your lives easier.
Quality of Life Improvements & Implemented Community Suggestions
- Added a Streamer Mode. When active, room codes do not display in the lobby and is replaced by “Click to copy”. This can be toggled on or off in the General Settings.
- Added Colorblind Settings. When active, the names of the colors will appear next to the players during meetings, and below the player during gameplay.
- Account linking for all platforms (minus PlayStation and Nintendo) is back. Follow the in-game instructions carefully as we’ve removed Guest Accounts, but it should make it an easier process. More information on the new Account Linking here.
- Players are now able to view the map from the voting screen.
- Friends List – The player’s last display name will appear above a player’s Friend Code.
We definitely have wayyyy more planned in future, so keep playing the game and letting us know how you feel (nicely, pleaseeee) and I promise we’ll be listening.
But I’m not done this post yet – now for the very long list of fixes we’ve made to the game.
- Loading screen now waits for every player in the lobby when loading into a round
- Kills can no longer happen when an Emergency Meeting is being called
- Players can no longer move themselves during the role reveal screen
- Players in game should no longer randomly lose the ability to interact with map, complete tasks, or kills
- Impostor now shifts correctly when attempting to shapeshift after Emergency Meeting if the meeting was called at the same time
- Quick Chat wheel can be used as intended while a task (Download Data / Upload Data) is being completed. Players will no longer be forced to close and re-open chat
- Smooth Talker achievement can now be unlocked if the second to last Crewmate leaves the game
- Players should no longer see the ‘Sure is taking a while’ error message when launching Among Us
- Friend Codes no longer duplicate across all players when player and host rejoin lobby
- Friends List – Chat icon will display as grayed out when the Friends List is open. Opposite is true if Chat is open.
- Android and iOS – Players can now interact with the Role Settings menu no matter how quickly they are tapping through other settings
- Android – Players should no longer see errors when signing in on certain Android devices
- Android – Players can now view and access achievements
- Resolved desync issue when player reports body while climbing ladder
- Polaroids for the ‘Develop Photos’ tasks cannot be placed outside the task window
- During meetings, buttons respond as intended no matter how spammy your clicks are
- Players can interact with the Role Settings menu no matter how spammy their clicks are on other settings
- Players will no longer see ‘Sure is taking a while’ if game is set to languages other than English
- Players are now able to unlock the Circumventor achievement
- Entering the correct date of birth no longer registers the account as age 0
- Added the Language server filter to the settings in the Lobby
Minor Bug Fixes
- Airship – Players in Vents now appear on Admin
- Airship – Players in the Hall of Portraits now appear on Admin
- Airship – Platform can be interacted with after a crewmate is killed while trying to use it
- Airship – Second admin map added to the Records Room
- Nicknames now appear on Impostor start screen
- No longer seeing layering issues between Pets, Hats, and Visors
- “Owned” shop text is now localized properly
- The letter ‘g’ is now localized properly in all languages and will not be censored (lol)
- Players can’t bypass filters for profanity in nicknames by capitalizing letters
- Impostors can’t shapeshift during the role reveal sequence
- Updated icon for ‘reject lobby invite’
- Spam clicking the chat icon doesn’t stop you from being able to click other icons
- Chat filter doesn’t censor words with potential profanity words in them like “glasses” (lol)
- Controller – Players can now interact with their friends list after unfriending or unblocking a player
- Correct color wording now displays in Account Info when colorblind text is active
- MIRA HQ – Door logs now display colors of Crewmates when colorblind text is active
- Improved readability of cracked screen overlay
- Decontamination locations on Polus can be referred to specifically using Quick Chat
- PC – Can close chat with the ESC key
- Guardian Angels can protect Crewmates without being obstructed by walls, doors, etc.
- Guardian Angel targeting now prefers Crewmates
- Guardian Angel protection cooldown resets at the start of every round
- Fixed report menu transparency and visibility
- Vitals sorting fixed: players that are dead/ejected are now at the bottom of the screen
- Fixed sounds during levelling up to be tied to the SFX volume slider
- Fixed numerous shadow issues
Now that was a lot – and not even all of the minor fixes!
Thanks for being understanding about how we needed to take this time to really improve the game. Your feedback means a ton to us, and we all wanted to make sure we could start really chipping away at things that bothered you, even if it meant having to put a pause on some new content. That being said, new content is still on the horizon, so watch out!
A moment to celebrate!
June 15 was a special day for Amongis… AmongUses… AmongUs-s-sses? Now matter the plural form- Among Us has turned 4!
As part of our celebration we have brand new merch. We have the full suite of Crewmate colors, keycaps, and a bunch of new pins too. Grab yours at our store quick.
And before I head off, I have other Among Us related news:
- Among Us VR Trailer: Among Us VR is coming out this holiday 2022! We recently dropped a new trailer as part of the Summer Games Fest and you might notice some really fun things about it… Hehehe.
Okay now I’m actually done. Now to the rest of the dev log, onto you Krys!
Howdy!!! Congrats on trudging on through our expansive bugs crushed list—as you can see, we’ve been very busy making some important quality of life changes for YOU, friends! Yes, you. And you. You, too! Er, maybe not you over there.
Anyway! Thanks so much for reading my last Bug Zone—lots of you contacted us to get your DLC that may have fallen through the cracks when we made some account updates. If you’re still having DLC/purchases issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
That’s all from me. Til next time, Crewmates!
Hi everyone! I’m Dors – the new community manager here at Innersloth! Victoria alluded to me in last month’s update. For the most part you’ll see me around Tiktok and Discord, but I’m no stranger to Twitter and Reddit either.
Beyond helping with the social channels and running numbers, I’m also gonna be looking into community events, featuring fan art and creations in the dev log!
We call it the COMMUNITY FUN ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!
To all of you out there who are having fun and sharing your Among Us themed creations and finds- I’ll be on the look out and trying to feature you here in our dev logs if I find your work. Keep using those fan art tags!
Here’s a few for this update:
Ryans_not_home on Reddit found a new work buddy.
Last Crimson on Twitter brought in some very cozy vibes on their Crewmate.
Nuclear Chuu on Twitter has been hard at work practicing their animating! Check out their hard work on these slick animations.
These are great and only the beginning of what we hope to feature in our Community Fun Zone! Can’t wait to see what y’all are doing in the community!